Kitchen Remodeling by the Trusted Experts
Whether you are in your forever home or looking to sell in the future, there is a kitchen update or remodel to suit your needs. The length of time you plan to live in your home and how you plan to use the space will allow us to design a kitchen custom tailored to your exact needs. Our kitchen remodels fall into three basic categories – Fresh Updates, Complete Remodel, or Complete Reconstruction. We will talk with you to figure out which one fits your needs.
Ask Lyn and Renee of Leawood, Kansas,”Chris Van Horn recently remodeled our kitchen. We enjoyed working with him from start to finish. He connected us with a professional designer, knowledgeable appliance person, and he employed only the best sub-contractors. Everyone worked as a “team” and he kept us informed every step of the way. Remodeling can be an overwhelming experience, but Chris kept everyone focused, on track, and stress to a minimum. The end result was a beautiful, functional “dream” kitchen. I would recommend Chris as a contractor and CMP Construction to anyone.”
Ken and Connie of Overland Park, Kansas, “As renovation novices, we really appreciated the fact that Chris communicated with us from start to finish. this began with the initial meeting and continued throughout the project. He listened to our ideas and shared his vision. All his staff were dependable and professional as well. The end result of this collaboration was the conversion of a 1990’s kitchen with all its honey oak glory, into a beautiful, functional kitchen. It looks great and works great. It’s not for show–we cook 6 days/week. It’s easy to tell that Chris takes pride in his work and has integrity. Our kitchen is a testimony to that.
A fresh new kitchen update is a great option if you plan to sell your home in the
next five years. This is a cost efficient option that will significantly increase the resale value of your home. Updating allows you to enhance certain features in your kitchen without undergoing a complete remodel. Updates may include but are not limited to:
- Refinishing or resurfacing cabinets with new drawers, doors, and hardware
- New granite, marble or other solid surface countertops with an accented backsplash and a new sink
- Updated lighting fixtures
- A new paint color to freshen up the space
If you plan to stay in your home for five to ten years, you may consider a complete remodel for your kitchen. This allows you to explore the most effective way to give your kitchen an entirely new look while maintaining the same footprint in your home. A complete kitchen remodel may include, but is not limited to:
- Complete demolition of the kitchen to start with a clean slate
- Designing custom cabinetry such as an enlarged pantry, slide-out shelves, baking sheet storage, spice cupboard, or a wine glass or bottle display
- Updating existing cabinetry by replacing doors with drawers or vice versa
More detailed remodeling can include, but is not limited to:
- New tile or hardwood flooring
- New recessed, flush mount or under-cabinet lighting
- Refinishing dull, worn out hardwoods
- Backsplashes; tile or granite products customized for your kitchen
- Replacing countertops along with sink and fixtures
- New paint colors to freshen up the space
If you plan to live in your home for ten or more years, a complete reconstruction is the best option for a kitchen renovation. Kitchens are such an important part of your daily family life, designing a new kitchen to suit your family’s needs is a great investment. This option requires more time and leaves a larger impression on your home so there are several important questions you need to ask yourself:
- How often does your family cook at home?
- How often do you casually or formally entertain?
- How do you use your cabinet and counter space?
- Are you in need of expanded storage capabilities? Maybe an extended pantry?
- What are your biggest limitations in your current kitchen?
A Complete Reconstruction Lets You Redesign Your Kitchen
Redesign features may include removing walls and expanding into another room, combining the space with a dining room, or opening up a half wall to create a breakfast nook, bar, or buffet space. If extra storage space is what your remodel needs, we can add new cabinetry. New cabinetry is one of the favorite features our clients enjoy. A wine cabinet or baking sheet storage cabinet makes staying organized easy. A trash bin or recycling pull-out drawer keeps the kitchen neat. A walk-in or larger pantry keeps meal planning convenient and reduces food waste. And since there’s never enough counter space in a kitchen, we can expand your counter space by adding an island or peninsula.
Other Design Features That Make a Big Difference in Your Kitchen Include:
- Lighting – Lighting is a great way to liven up a room; whether you are looking for natural light from a new window or additional light fixtures.
- New Sink – An updated sink can be just the right amenity to bring a touch of modern class to your kitchen. Relocating the sink to a different area of the countertop or island is also a possibility.
- New Backsplash – Installing a tile or granite backsplash adds a unique decorative feature that can dramatically change the look of your space.
Our goal at CMP Construction is to transform your kitchen into the kitchen of your dreams. We strive to ensure the room flows seamlessly with the rest of your home. We want your family to have the best kitchen to suit your home, lifestyle and everyday needs.